Thursday, February 16, 2012

From Ireland - A Testimony

It is with great sense of gratitude, love and bubbling enthusiasm that I am typing this brief note of testimony. When I was in College, I had recurrent attacks of Migraine with symptoms of severe headache accompanied by prostration, nausea, vomiting, and photophobia. There was, sometimes, a preceding aura consisting of visual disturbance, tingling and weakness of my limbs. I tried all three systems of treatments like Modern Medicine, Homeopathy and Ayurveda, but all were of no effect. 

In 1986, Mar Osthathios thirumeni made his Apostolic visit to my former parish –the St. Thomas Orthodox Church, Alleppey. In all faith, hope and love and with the same attitude of the woman with an issue of blood as narrated in the gospel of St. Luke 8:40-48, I approached his grace with this my grievance. He prayed for me by laying his holy hands upon my head and blew on my face. After that healing prayer, I have never had the attack of Migraine. I still believe that the very same God who healed the woman who touched His cloak healed me too through this my beloved mentor and motive – Mar Osthathios thirumeni.
I recall that past solemn event on the very next day when I was ordained as an acolyte by his grace. The celestial voice from his mouth exhorting me to serve the Lord in His temple still echoes in my ears. It was indeed an inexplicable heaven coming down experience for me.
My elder brother Mr. P.T. Varghese too has the same experience to testify for the miraculous recovery that he had from his illness after having been blessed by this Holy Father in 1987.


I thank the triune God for having graced the holy Church with Mar Osthathios thirumeni and for allowing the tenderness of His Fatherly care, the glory of the Cross of Christ, and the splendour, power and wisdom of the Holy Spirit to shine through this our beloved thirumeni. Trusting fully in God’s infinite mercy, in the intercession of Virgin Mary the Theotokos, and of all saints and by internalising the gist of gospel, he has given a living image of Jesus, the Good Shepherd, and has shown us that holiness and sharing of love are the necessary measures of ordinary Christian life and will be the way of achieving eternal communion with God. I do humbly pray to God Almighty to grant us, according to His will and by the intercession of this our well- beloved guru and shepherd, the graces we implore, hoping that his grace will be numbered among the “Saints” in the future. 



-George Achen, Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment