Thursday, February 16, 2012

From Ireland

Dear brothers and Sisters,
I have never come across such a man of God ever in my life who has had so much profound faith, hope and love in God like Mar Osthathios thirumeni. He has proved himself to be a man of integrity and deep spirituality and that is reflected in each of his thought, word and deed. It is obvious that anyone who comes closer to him could easily sense and recognise the fact that each of his grace’s breath is saturated with the belief in the Holy Triune God. I hope many a close associate like me could vouch to this truth. I have always had felt in reality his physical presence to be the sacramental and spiritual presence of Christ, our Lord and that blissful experience has always brought to me the gracious divine power. This makes me visit his grace frequently. I have always had cherished his prayerful touch of blessing as a viaticum for my spiritual journey. 


Before my coming to Ireland, I wanted to get blessings from Osthathios thirumeni. So, I, along with my wife Cicy and our son Gregy went to see his grace at MTC Mavelikara. He received us with his genuine fatherly affection and granted us an audience. The memories of those moments still linger in my mind afresh. My son, Gregy, then was just 2 years old. His grace even in that brief meeting, found time to teach him a few lines of a song written by him. He, after giving some sweets, asked my son to share among ourselves. But he was, in his childish nature, found to be shy and reluctant. Thirumeni, then, sent us to the mess hall there for lunch after having blessed us. Soon after the lunch, we again went to see him in his room. This time, his grace wanted my son to share the segments of an orange with us, and he did it without any hesitation to the surprise of us all. His grace was seen talking to my son in the same “language of a child” by identifying himself fully with my son. His grace, finally, gave him some simple pieces of advice to be a good boy of prayer and sharing. This shows his grace’s quality of being a down to earth person. On our leaving his grace, I offered his grace a small amount of 300 rupees being our donation to a boy’s home. When I, in my weak and selfish human attitude, handed over it with the names of just three of us in mind, his grace received that offertory with totally different and glorified attitude. He translated that human thought and action of mine into a divine thought and action. I could, astonishingly, see his grace overtly counting the 3 notes of hundred that I gave by uttering audibly the prayer “In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Amen!” I could sense a shade of spirituality even in that simple segment of that episode of our meeting. 


I must acknowledge here with thanks that it was his grace who happened to be the source of inspiration for my starting a charitable organisation –the MERIN GEORGE FOUNDATION – following the demise of my little daughter in 2009 through which we are able, by the grace of the mighty God, to extend a helping hand to the poor and needy with our mite. I humbly and fervently do pray to God, who elongated the life of King Hezekiah, to extend the life span of our beloved thirumeni. May God’s will be done! 


In Christ,
George Achen, Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment